[AccessD] Google API for address sanitising

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Wed Dec 21 07:46:39 CST 2016

 and if your just getting into stuff like this, this will be helpful:

https://github.com/VBA-tools/VBA-Web

 and on the point of sanitizing addresses, just about any of the map
services will do that (MapQuest and Bing for example).   All have different
usage requirements though and at some point, you have to start paying.
MapQuest has made some recent changes that might make it more attractive
than Google as they are trying to compete.

 The only other thing I'd add is be careful adding this into your apps.  In
regards to Google, I thought 2000 calls a day would never be hit, but what
you find is that it's quite easy to get there, even on a moderate sized app.
That's because it's not 2000 calls of checking an address, but 2000 calls a
day to the site in total.   That includes addressing, lat/long lookups, push
pin mapping, getting info on a place, etc.   Depending on the task, you may
make multiple calls in order to get it done.  Those can add up quickly.

Jim.