[AccessD] Access and source control

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Jan 23 05:14:50 CST 2016

Hi Shamil

1.       We haven’t had any requests for Access applications for years. That said, we’ve never really had, because clients ask for solutions and really don’t care how they are solved. Some ask for ”web solutions” but that’s rather because of the easy access to such apps. In many cases, a Remote Desktop solution is much easier to establish – it is browser independent and works from Macs too.

2.       Our old accounting package made in Access is still running for many clients.

3.       Through the years, I have only met two or three, and all were a mess. I would warn against it at any time.

/gustav