[AccessD] MS Access Web Apps Javascript(?) Add-Ins - Was:Re[2]: Access and source control

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sat Jan 23 15:04:36 CST 2016

 Hi Gustav --

I have just found - here is the info on the  "Latest Microsoft Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2015" ( http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudio/archive/2015/11/23/latest-microsoft-office-developer-tools-for-visual-studio-2015.aspx ) and this info/article has the link to setup these tools:   http://aka.ms/GetLatestOfficeDevTools

Here is the info on supported add-in types and supported host application including MS Access Web apps ( https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/fp142185.aspx  ).

It looks like with introduction of this type of Office Add-Ins (with JavaScript API for Office / office.js) MS Access web apps can be made powerful, "smart" and user-friendly... IOW MS Access web apps with latest Office Add-Ins seems to be good candidates for "web solutions" as you mentioned them.

Thank you.

-- Shamil

>Saturday, January 23, 2016 4:18 PM UTC from Gustav Brock <gustav at cactus.dk>:
>
>Hi Shamil
>
>Yes, you can do ”something” with the Access Web Apps. However, I think (not sure, just my impression) it is targeted superuser types of applications.
>
>If you look at the page for Office add-ins it doesn’t mention Access with a single Word, so I don’t know how to read that article you link to at SO. Like you, I see no mention of Access in VS2015 SP1 for Office apps, so I guess they have been left in the dark.
>
>/gustav

<<< skipped >>>