[AccessD] MS Access Web Apps Javascript(?) Add-Ins - Was:Re[2]: Access and source control

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 07:59:30 CST 2016

I can't address Access web apps but add-in access is not built into the
interface, so I think users will make more use of them -- at least using
them. I don't know if developers will be more inclined to create them. Jim I
compare them to apps for smart phones -- they have a very limited and rather
universal purpose.

What's wrong with throwing the power users  bone? :)

Susan H.

 I'd rather not be so overly negative on them, but they are so limited, you
just cannot do anything meaningful with them expect in a very limited scope.

  Check out this page:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj250134.aspx

 Which just about fully describes what you have available to you. For a
developer, there's not a lot there to work with.  They have added some newer
features in 2016, such as e-mailing (only within your own domain though),
downloading of data into Excel, and some linking to Power BI, but still your
limited fundamentally by what you can do in the web app.

 Microsoft is simply aiming for the power users and nothing else.

Jim.