[AccessD] Back End On Linux

James Button jamesbutton at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jul 14 14:06:50 CDT 2016

Yes – 'file hosting' is no problem – providing the link is good – without dropouts

But the post was " back end run on a" – and to me, that implies the actual DBMS.

If it's just the file being held on the filestorage – then – As long as the link to the file is good, there is adequate on-line timeperiods, and maybe an appropriate backup and get restored copy back 'to-current-last-input' status maybe – warm – or at least 'just wants power-up' standby facilities –

heck – for me that means:

A second PC, and the software installed on it –

just needing the files brought back from

the latest backup image set – last (monthly) partitionimage,

Yesterday's daily data sets,

and the ongoing cloud based incrementals,

followed by email – and whatever I was typing or copying or restructuring when the system failed.

A commercial database server – well I'd expect backup images at 24 hour intervals – and you have to 'manage' the 'back-to-current' updating of that.

Maybe email update log to a couple of stores (Gmail, Microsoftmail) every 30 minutes, or when they reach 8MB  ( bytes to comms traffic adding 15% - and avoid 10MB attachment limits)

JimB