[AccessD] Data Macros Unavailable

ewaldt at gdls.com ewaldt at gdls.com
Wed Jun 8 05:46:46 CDT 2016

Charlotte and Doug, thanks.

Charlotte, thanks but that's not strictly true. Following a book's
instructions, I double-click on a table (which opens it, of course), and a
Table Tools section appears on the ribbon, containing Fields and Tables
tabs. Clicking on the Tables tab (sorry that I wasn't this specific the
first time) yields several icons, including before change and delete, etc.
Those are greyed out within my app, although the book says that's how I'm
to access them. In another app, though, they're available. I can't find
any difference between the two apps that would cause this. OTOH, opening
in design view as you suggest DOES bring up the Table Tools section again,
but this time without only one tab, Design. Under that is an icon for
Create Data Macros, and the same options (before change and delete, etc.)
are present, and are NOT greyed out, so I definitely thank you for that.
Still wondering why that other way is available in one app but not the
other.

Doug, I created the app in Access 2007. Since I'm using 2013 now, I guess
that's kinda, sorta a legacy app. :-)  But not really.

Thanks, again.

Tom Ewald
Mass Properties
General Dynamics Land Systems

You have to be in design view for the table to get at the data macro
tools.

Charlotte Foust