[AccessD] Excel Object - Can You Tell What Row Or Column Is Clicked

Paul Hartland paul.hartland at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 24 08:45:01 CDT 2016

To all,

A little background...I was given a task where an Excel sheet has upto 300
different branches on it and about 6 sheets....The branch name is in each
sheet and can be in there multiple times.  So I wrote a little VBA module
that looked at the first sheet, gets a unique list of branch names, then
one by one filters the six excel sheets by the branch name....ends up
making a workbook with six sheets for each branch with only that branch
name on.....

But now I want to try and make a little front-end application, where the
user is given an open file dialog to select the Excel sheet, then the user
is presented with each of the six sheets in turn and asked to click a row
and/or a column and the row number and/or column letter are stored in
Access.....Is this possible, I have never done anything like that before, I
have played with Excel objects etc, but nothing where the user selects a
row from an Excel sheet and the value is passed back into Access, and I
can't really seem to find anything on the internet...

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

--
Paul Hartland
paul.hartland at googlemail.com