[AccessD] [dba-OT] Output report to word

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sat Mar 12 16:54:05 CST 2016

Here's a code snippet that outputs a variable set of records to a Word document.
The  document contains an appropriately formatted table with one row.
The Boookmark is in the first column of that row. (Actually there is only one column in this
example).

objWord.Selection.GoTo What:=wdGoToBookmark, Name:="Essential"
 While Not rs.EOF
      objWord.Selection.TypeText Text:=rs!COmpetency & vbCrLf
      objWord.Selection.InsertRowsBelow 1
      rs.MoveNext
Wend
objWord.Selection.Rows.Delete

The vbCRLF moves the cursor to the next fcolumn in the table, if you have more than one -
so you don't need to set up multiple bookmarks - just one in the first column of the initial
single row.'