[AccessD] Automatic backup

FW Salato Center Salato at ky.gov
Thu Mar 17 08:41:29 CDT 2016

I want to add a backup routine that runs when anyone closes the database. There aren't any action queries or anything like that at this point and although it will be on a server, I can't imagine a time when more than one person will be updating records - we're going to have an employee (not me) dedicated to that.

Currently, there's no reason to split it, so I'm not going to. So, a backup routine should be fairly simple. I can train the other employee to do it manually and she will - she's competent and even if she forgot occasionally, updates are very limited. Most of the info is in there and they want reports - updates are ... there are updates, just not daily and not a lot.

I'm thinking... train her not worry about it. We have electronic and paper files of all the updates and reentering would take... at the very worst a few hours if the worst happened.

Recommendations? Thoughts?

Susan H.