[AccessD] OT Excel

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu May 5 16:18:21 CDT 2016

i Just ran into the same problem last week.

A client prints cheques for banks from a batch list provided by the bank.   I parse the batch
list and the resultant data is used for producing the cheques, delivery slips, invoicing etc.

Suddenly the bank started producing Excel v2 files instead of the previous Tab delimited files
(apparently they had a change of staff and the new person didn't see any problem with
changing the way they produced the list from their system :(

We finally got them to produce new Tab delimited files.

To answer your question, it's tricky:

Here's C++ source to do it:

and here's some other relevant info:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/514847/how-to-identify-whether-an-excel-file-conforms-to