[AccessD] Help with an Access web app -- finding records without matching related records

Mark Simms marksimms at verizon.net
Mon May 23 12:06:46 CDT 2016

Good responses Jim....and I have a client who is interested in moving to
Office 365 from Office Professional desktop.
I told them: CANNOT DO. They asked "Why not ?"
I said we have over 10,000 lines of VBA code in both MS Access and Excel
2010 to run their Portfolio Management application. This application has the
equivalent functionality of cloud-based solutions that would cost them
$15,000 per month based on their customer asset base !!

Now they are facing the awesome expense of converting the application to
dot-net (see my previous experiences with this).

Or they face the expense of purchasing BOTH Office 2016 Professional
($300/seat) AND Office 365.

What a mess MSFT has made here with dragging their feet on programmability
under Office 365.

See below: for Office 365, they FINALLY provide Javascript programmability
for Excel.
Nada, Zip, Zilch, Zed for MS Access. It'll likely never happen....it will
stay a stupid, macro-driven app.
Build native solutions in Office
Add-in Commands

Add-in Commands make your add-in more discoverable and efficient to use. You
can create native UI extensions for your Office Add-in in Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Outlook. Add new buttons to existing Office tabs, create your
own custom tab or extend contextual menus.