[AccessD] Perhaps I'm just being a dolt...I hope!

John W. Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Tue Nov 15 10:22:32 CST 2016

I just got back into this believe it or not. I had forgotten that we were off last Friday for Veterans Day, then there was the weekend, and yesterday I was quite busy with other things. I actually still have many other things to do...we're in the middle of rolling out a GroupWise to Exchange conversion...so I just wish this would go away.

As usual I am impressed with the quick and useful tips I received. I will check out the decompile a bit later and see if that helps. I'm thinking the decompile needs to be on the back-end side? I'll get a good backup and try that.

I'll have to verify but I think they are running Access 2013 downstairs. I just recently upgraded to 2016 and the problem follows the same. I believe I'd written this on 2007...not positive, but pretty sure.

I will check the PK data type as well. I don't think it is that because we are able to add data directly to the tables...just not the query, like they've done in the past. It is a great tip though because it could cause me issues down the road.

I'll check the relationships as well...did not do this yet. That tip took me by surprise as I don't generally do this. I'm normally a one-stop shop with all of this, but they basically took something I did, had one of their people alter it, and then kicked it back to me to support it. She basically stole my code and did a half-baked job of things, and then when it began having issues, she proclaimed she really didn't know what she was doing...nice! So, while I don't think it is the case, I never really know for sure, that nobody has messed with things.

Thank for the help...I really do appreciate it. I always do, but more so right now because I don't seem to have the time to explore and play.