[AccessD] Basic Question (Probably) that I just don't know

John Clark John.Clark at niagaracounty.com
Thu Sep 22 12:59:02 CDT 2016

"If more than one can't open it, then that's Access settings (Shared or exclusive) or privs on the directory."
Bingo...this is the issue. And I never really saw it as an "issue" really...just the way it is. If we needed multiple users I suggested splitting the DB, and if a user was a single access user it didn't matter.

This is an amateur user and she just wanted to know why one single DB did this for her. And I was really unable to give her a concrete answer, so I'm looking to fill that gap in my knowledge.

If I understand correctly, you are saying that there are settings with the DB for this? I wouldn't think she'd have done anything differently, but this would make sense.

Notice: This electronic transmission is intended for the sole use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, privileged or otherwise legally protected information. If you are not the intended recipient, or if you believe you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information, is strictly prohibited. Niagara County is not responsible for the content of any external hyperlink referenced in this email or any email.
IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS TRANSMISSION IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY BY EMAIL AND DELETE THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE ALONG WITH ANY PAPER OR ELECTRONIC COPIES.
Thank you for your cooperation.