[AccessD] History

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Sep 23 15:53:37 CDT 2016

I have not worked with MS Access for almost ten years but a client decided to upgrade their old website that runs on Server2003, IIS6, ASP classic and uses Access MBD as the database. You don't have to say it; "What are you doing working with that old crap?"

No good deed ever goes unpunished and the owner is so desperate that he is even offering money. I have said to just abandon that site and do a complete re-write but he's not offering that much and now that he has retired his wife would go ballistic if he even suggested a re-write. His site originally cost him somewhere around 20 to 30K.

To that end I have run up a virtual drive running Server2003, with IIS6 and now am trying to get the old site running on this test server. The Access MDB database is working fine...

When running the follow piece of code:
Set UploadProgress = Server.CreateObject("Persits.UploadProgress")

...which results in the error:

Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'
Server.CreateObject Failed

To the best of my knowledge the website needs a DLL from Persits:

http://www.aspupload.com/object_progress.html

Does anyone have the appropriate DLL so it can be registered on the test server?
regsvr32 c: \ downloads \ WhatEvertheNameoftheUploadDriver.dll

MTIA

Jim