[AccessD] Need Row Count in SQL for each Row

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Thu Apr 6 11:13:08 CDT 2017

Brad,

 SELECT ROW_NUMBER() OVER(ORDER BY <field> ASC) as RowNum, <field>, <another
field> FROM <some table> WHERE....

  You'll have to run that as a pass through query though...JET/ACE doesn't
support ROW_NUMBER.

 If you can't do that, then your stuck with a VBA call.   Ordinarily you'd
use a sub-select, but you need a column to sequence things.

Jim.