[AccessD] Synchronizing two subforms

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Wed Apr 12 11:38:48 CDT 2017

Dear List(s):

A client has a requirement for a Gantt chart which would be a piece of cake
to automate out of the back end - the first six columns would be frozen and
so scrolling to the right would keep those first six in view.

However, he wants it in a form inside the front end.  So my first design
thought was to make two continuous sub-forms - the left one would be the
first six fields, the right one would be dates with colors and notes
describing the status of various tasks.

The records to be displayed are courses given all over the country for CPA's
continuing education.

The problem is that as the left subform was scrolled vertically to show more
courses, the right one should keep pace so the records on either side stay
aligned.  But I'm not sure how to do that.

Or is there's another approach using one form but would keep those first six
fields on the display while the user scrolled to the right to display more
calendar.

Any ideas?

MTIA,

Rocky Smolin