[AccessD] Error 3014 Cannot open any more tables

Janet Erbach jerbach.db at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 16:38:50 CDT 2017

Hello, all.

I deployed a 2007 app today that is supposed to be up and running all the
time.  It's relatively simple - one form bound to a temporary table that is
emptied and refilled every minute on the form timer event.

After about 30 minutes, the app throws a 3014 Error - cannot open any more
tables.

We are running jet 4.0, which is the most current, yes?  If this is truly a
jet related error, there are a couple of things I can do to help optimize
the app - about half the queries in the app are run from saved query defs,
and I can convert all those to sql statements.  I've decompiled and
reinstalled the access database engine, both suggestions that turned up in
a google search.  But beyond these troubleshooting steps, I don't know what
else to do.

Can you please give me some clues on what may be triggering this?  I
haven't seen this error before (that I can remember, anyway) and I have
another app deployed on the shop floor which runs 24/7 and refreshes every
minute without any issues.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Janet Erbach