[AccessD] OT:Hosting providers

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Sun Jan 22 10:53:36 CST 2017

 <<Azure services>>

 No.   As I mentioned in my post, the ones listed were the ones I was
looking at. I have not gone beyond that other than to look at Amazon Web
services at Gustav's suggestion on Experts-Exchange.  So far, I've not been
able to make heads of tails out of what it is they offer because they have
so many products.  I plan to call them tomorrow.

 Infinitely Virtual I have good first hand experience with having a client
running on them for the past six years with a setup very similar to what I'm
looking to do now. Liquid Metal I have some experience with through another
client, but it's strictly hosting a web site there.

 Both have been good, but lately IV has been giving us issues.  We've had
some odds and ends problems, and we've had a long standing networking
problem.   They tried very hard to fix (and I give them credit for that),
but they were never able to resolve it.  With Access, we had database
corruptions until we moved the DB's onto the TS server.   With other
software we've had network disconnects in talking to SQL Server, but those
have been livable.  I don't know if it's VMware or what, but the client
never had those issues before switching to a virtual environment.

 Liquid Metal has been solid enough, but we've only used them to host a web
site, so not sure what that might mean for server hosting.

Jim.