[AccessD] vba compile error function or interface marked as restricted, or the function uses an automation type not supported in Visual Basic

Doug Murphy dw-murphy at cox.net
Tue Jan 24 20:40:29 CST 2017

Folks,

I have a com dll created in VB.NET that has been working for a number of
years. The dll takes information from MS Access and creates orders on eBay
using their Soap api. All of a sudden I started getting the error message
"vba compile error function or interface marked as restricted, or the
function uses an automation type not supported in Visual Basic" when I
compile the Access application. The error is on a line where a property of
type decimal in the dll is updated with data of type decimal from an DAO
recordset in the Access code. This part of the code has been stable for
quite a while so I am at a loss as to why all of a sudden this error starts.

Any suggestions solutions would be appreciated.

Doug