[AccessD] In training

Ryan W wrwehler at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 08:08:08 CST 2017

Very cool. Microsoft is doing some very cool things with Linux now.  You
can run Linux shells on top of Windows 10 now.  They're also working on SQL
Server for Linux that's got what is more or less a Windows emulation layer
in it so that the core code can stay the same and they just emulate what
they need to make it run on Linux.   (Probably a lot like WINE, but more
sophisticated).

Docker is another really neat thing to tinker with.  But I've personally
not seen a benefit for a bazillion little microservices yet and I think
Docker is more or less a buzz word right now that gets people riled up.

Did you get a chance to tinker with any of the "cloud boot" type OSs like
CoreOS?  Those are usually used in conjunction with docker.