[AccessD] Access files by date

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Sun Jul 23 23:36:05 CDT 2017

Dear List:

Having just returned from a 5 day 250 mile bike trek through the redwoods of
northern California with a group of 0 guys, I have volunteered to assemble
everyone's pictures and edit them down to a director's cut.

What I have done after editing all their photos (and discarding many) is put
everyone's pictures in one folder which I can then display by date.  Since
everyone (hopefully) has a correct date time stamp, the pictures of like
places and times are now grouped together.

So now I would like to loop through these picture in date sequence, and
rename them RR00010, RR00020, RR0030, etc.  so I can then do a bit of
rearranging by changing file names. Once that's done I can do a final cull
of the pictures and, if I need to manually insert any in a different place I
can do it - like RR00025 would go between RR00020 and RR00030.

I'm having a little though, trouble extracting this solution from the web.
Can someone point me in the right direction?  Can this all be done with FSO?
My first attempt retrieved the pics in file name order, not date/time order.
And don't see a way using the Dir command to do that.

MTIA

Rocky Smolin

Beach Access Software

760-683-5777