[AccessD] Extract data from Single field

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Wed Jun 7 18:31:41 CDT 2017

Hi Bill,

I think the data will not actually include the open and close brackets so
that shouldn't be a problem.

Since the notes are the last field I just need to deal with ;

Here is what I came up with so far (since there are so few fields and some
are numbers, some are text, I didn't try to loop individual fields)

            strTransactions = rstDispute!MergedTransactions
            Do While Len(strTransactions) > 1
                strSQL = "INSERT INTO dbo.DisputeTransaction
(TransactionDate, TransactionMerchant, TransactionAmount, TransactionARN,
TransactionNotes ) "
                strSQL = strSQL & "VALUES ("'"
                strSQL = strSQL & basConvertDate(Left$(strTransactions,
InStr(strTransactions, ":") - 1)) & "','" 'TransactionDate
                strTransactions = Right$(strTransactions,
Len(strTransactions) - InStr(strTransactions, ":"))
                strSQL = strSQL & Left$(strTransactions,
InStr(strTransactions, ":") - 1) & "'," 'TransactionMerchant
                strTransactions = Right$(strTransactions,
Len(strTransactions) - InStr(strTransactions, ":"))
                strSQL = strSQL & Left$(strTransactions,
InStr(strTransactions, ":") - 1) & ",'" 'TransactionAmount
                strTransactions = Right$(strTransactions,
Len(strTransactions) - InStr(strTransactions, ":"))
                strSQL = strSQL & Left$(strTransactions,
InStr(strTransactions, ":") - 1) & "','" 'TransactionARN
                strTransactions = Right$(strTransactions,
Len(strTransactions) - InStr(strTransactions, ":"))
                strSQL = strSQL & Left$(strTransactions,
InStr(strTransactions, ";") - 1) & "'," 'TransactionNotes
                strTransactions = Right$(strTransactions,
Len(strTransactions) - InStr(strTransactions, ";"))
                Set cmd = basGetCommand(strSQL, adCmdText)
                cmd.Execute
                Set cmd = Nothing
            Loop

Regards