[AccessD] Converting from Access 2007 to 2016

Janet Erbach jerbach.db at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 15:52:02 CDT 2017

Hello all.  My company is still on Office 2007, but the mandate came down
last week that everyone will be upgraded to 2016.  The licenses have been
purchased and deployed, and we're supposed to upgrade everyone ASAP.

I've had issues in the past with mis-matched references:  I upgraded to
Outlook 2010, for example, to try and cure some outlook woes I had.  But
when I made changes to one of my access apps, it 'broke' on the end-user's
computer:  the reference to the Microsoft Office Object Library 14.0
couldn't be found on the user's machine because they were still on the
version with Object Library 12.0

Can you give me some guidelines for how we go about making this upgrade as
gracefully as possible?  It's going to take us a good week to update the
users/computers that need to be upgraded, and I KNOW we're going to have
instances with references mis-matches before everyone can be brought to the
same version of office.  And I suspect that we'll also have VBA code issues
with some of the Excel apps we have out there - antiquated code that uses
functions or references that won't work in 2016.

Any suggestions for us?  Please????  Thanks.

Janet Erbach
Federal Mogul