[AccessD] Imaging MS Access

James Button jamesbutton at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Oct 26 15:35:12 CDT 2017

As indicated - bloat would be a real consideration, especially with ever increasing image sizes and excel database file limitations as well as problems with large container files being held on the cloud, or accessed via web links
Getting 1MB images from a 20GB container over an extended period would use up a lot of download allowance in a phone package.

After that I'd consider a primary concern would be the maintenance of the image library

Grouping - what on which form/page/window and which container held the overflow - and then what when some entries were deleted from the first presentation container

Editing - save as - versioning new name new location -- and what when you get to the 99th modified version - as in GIF's with animation

Finding the actual image - or image set within the organisational structure so that you can extract it for email or other processing.

There are facilities that use thumbnails  maybe look at the Irfanview facility's extra  - and even File-Explorer with it’s many extra columns of meta?data
And it has an option to show individual images of an animated gif.

Then there are slideshows - maybe with a set of links to the specific image in the set

You may also find that saveas having opened the file from within an app using links will leave the app indicating the original file is linked, but actually pointing to the saveas's version.

I used to use a table within word to hold links to documents for a project
Show a link to the inserted file object - or another word file that may have a page of links to word docs or actual images (well excel , pdf, lotusnotes etc - whatever could be set with a file association and pointed to with a link)

JimB