[AccessD] Imaging MS Access

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Oct 27 03:08:40 CDT 2017

Hi Kostas

With that volume of pictures, there's no way to store them in an Access file, limited to 2 GB as it is.
And as you already have the pictures - I guess - in appropriate size and format - I see no use for a third-party control; the native picture control will display the linked file right away - as you could see in the demo application.

Your task is to create a table that will provide a link between an ID and the physical path/filename of each picture.
I would store the ID, the path, and the clean filename. That would allow you to move the picture base(s) and then perform a simple update of the Path field.

If you store the pictures on a Windows Server 2012+, you could perhaps take advantage of the ReFS file system:

https://www.petri.com/4-reasons-refs-is-better-than-ntfs

/gustav