[AccessD] Combo box puzzle

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sat Oct 28 17:02:20 CDT 2017

What are the "Control Source", "Row source", Bound column" in "Data" propertiess and
"Format and COlumn Widths" in "Format" properties?

"The date field is set to 'short date' or 12/14/2017 and 12/15/2017." and "The field
is set to short date."

A "date field" is actually a date/time field - which stored a number where the integer part is
number of days since 1/1/1900 (?) and the fractional part is the time.  You can't "set it to
'short date'".

You probably mean that the default display formats are set to "Short Date" - which is only in
the form "mm/dd/yyyy" if that is the way your particular computer is configured.   On mine it
would display as "14/12/17".and "15/12/17"  :)

I never define display formats in tables - that's what the front end is for! - it can cause all
sorts of problems.

Try removing formatting from the table definition.