[AccessD] Changing Column Width and Order in mde or accde

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Tue Oct 31 11:42:46 CDT 2017

So before I got all these brilliant solutions but after I found out that the
you can't do design changes in an mde/accde, I called the client who said he
did not need to make changes to the order and widths after he got them
dialed in.  So I said, OK send me the order of each of the 11 tables and
your best estimate of width.  I'll set them and after a couple of iterations
we should have what he wants.

However, even though I can't charge him for the privilege, I'll probably
implement one of these solutions for my own satisfaction and to have that in
my back pocket.

The question doesn't come up often in conversation - like never during the
last 20 years I've been doing Access development - but it's a cool solution
so it should be in the toolbox.

Many thanks to all who responded.

Rocky Smolin
Beach Access Software