[AccessD] Recordset method Failed

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Sep 12 01:12:50 CDT 2017

Hi David

Have in mind please, that an unbound combobox always returns Null for no selection or a string for any selection.
Thus, you should use:

    If Nz(Me!cboFilter, "") = "" Then MsgBox "Empty string"

or, as the default return value for Nz is an empty string, simply:

    If Nz(Me!cboFilter) = "" Then MsgBox "Empty string"

or, to make clear that you pull the value of the combobox:

    If Nz(Me!cboFilter.Value) = "" Then MsgBox "Empty string"

If you wish to use zero, it should either read:

    If Nz(Me!cboFilter, 0) = 0 Then MsgBox "Empty string"

or rather:

    If Nz(Me!cboFilter, "0") = "0" Then MsgBox "Empty string"

/gustav