[AccessD] Payroll

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon Apr 30 16:54:27 CDT 2018

At times, there are valid reasons for NOT normalising or for re-thinking what you actual mean
by nromalisation.

This is one of them.

Think in terms of a TYPE or Object called a "PayPeriod"  rather than "Day" and D1Hours to
D14Hours become separate attributes, not separate entities. :)

I've built systems exactly like this in the past and in fact I'm doing another one right now.

I doubt that there will ever be a fortnight with more or less days. :)

If they decide to change to a different pay period, (weekly or monthly?) how you store daily
attendance hours will be the least of your worries.