[AccessD] Website 08/06

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Aug 11 23:56:34 CDT 2018

Yes, I did. For example; with my daughter, last winter, she transferred her site from local hosting to a free Google service. At the time we put the site together, they did not have the direct connection available and forwarding had to be used...among a host of other standards. I understand they do now so I guess we should get busy...she is coming here in September so we will upgrade it then. (https://sites.google.com):

https://sites.google.com/view/kflamenco/  <--- https is free as well as a drag and drop website builder. Built the web site in less than two days having never worked with it before. Anyone can use their services for free and they now have JavaScript, CSS and extended database features: Here is one database feature that was already installed:

https://sites.google.com/view/kflamenco/blog  <-- Just select subscribe or post comments.

Aside: I only use a host for the domain name, the rest of the name, mail, forwarding services etc is run through https://www.zoneedit.com/ (highly recommend this company...they give services for two domains, for free and unlimited subnets per domain)

...and what appears to be a basic site, for a friend...behind the simple facade is number of client servers and a client over-night backup services (built the backup service myself...a single rsync line of code per server and a cron job to initiate it all...simple, basic and functional.:

https://www.continuum.ca/

Jim