[AccessD] OT: asap?

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Feb 20 17:10:33 CST 2018

I stand corrected.  I shouldn't have said "only an abbreviation if..."

Initialisms and Acroynms are just two special cases of abbreviations.

Shortenings and contractions are also abbreviations

(And both of these can be further divided into Types 1 and 2).  :)

 "The Dr Jones told me  he'd heard that NATO troops would be given  the WHO
recommended flu vaccination in Feb"  contains, in order:

a Type 1 contraction
a Type 2 contraction,
an Acronym,
an Initialisation,
a Type 1 shortening and
a Type 2 shortening.

Now should there be a comma after "Type 1 shortening"?  :)