[AccessD] FW: Report not opening in PrintPreview mode

Kaup, Chester Chester_Kaup at kindermorgan.com
Tue Jul 24 15:09:21 CDT 2018

Let's try this again

I have a form with a button that opens a report in PrintPreview mode. Code for the button is a follows

Private Sub Open_Last_Injection_Profile_Report_Click()
    DoCmd.OpenReport ("rpt Last Injection profile Test Date"), acViewPreview
End Sub

This works fine if I open the database bypassing the autoexec macro. The report default view is set to Print Preview. When I open the database using the autoexec macro the report appears to open in Report View mode ( No right click menu). The switchboard form opens another form that has the button to open the report. The only event on that form is as follows

Private Sub Form_Load()
    DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarNo
End Sub

The auto exec macro is below

OpenForm

                Form Name        frm Switchboard
                View                      Form
                Filter Name
                Where Condition
                Data Mode
                Window Mode  Normal

Any ideas on why the report will not open in PrintPreview mode? Thanks