[AccessD] Office 365 update issue ?

Paul Hartland paul.hartland at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 2 20:24:16 CST 2019

Hope its not the same problem I had a few years back, was on an old version
of Access can't remember which, but suddenly new records wouldn't insert
because of a duplicate number, the field was an autonumber & primary key,
like you a compact & repair failed to resolve the issue and it had me for
hours (maybe days thinking about it) until I found an article something
like in a certain situation if a record is deleted that has an autonumber
field the autonumber may lose its sequence, for example you have 5 records
with the autonumber running 1,2,3,4,5  record 3 is deleted, then for some
reason the next record is given the autonumber of 3 and no problem since 3
was deleted but then the next record inserted tries to assign 4, 4 is
already there...bang duplicate....In the end the only solution I could come
up with was resetting the autonumber & relinking all related tables etc
right pain.

Paul