[AccessD] Help on entering data -- when to do it?

jack drawbridge jackandpat.d at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 13:26:15 CST 2019

Hi John,

I do remember you on AccessD--- Merry Christmas!

You can get the username using this code
[code]
Private Declare Function apiGetUserName Lib "advapi32.dll" Alias _
"GetUserNameA" (ByVal lpBuffer As String, nSize As Long) As Long
Function fOSUserName() As String
' Returns the network login name
    Dim lngLen As Long, lngX As Long
    Dim strUserName As String
    strUserName = String$(254, 0)
    lngLen = 255
    lngX = apiGetUserName(strUserName, lngLen)
    If lngX <> 0 Then
        fOSUserName = Left$(strUserName, lngLen - 1)
    Else
        fOSUserName = ""
    End If
End Function [code]