[AccessD] ADO Execute RecordsAffected

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 16:46:52 CST 2019

I am wading through 30,000 lines of code in an Access project in which the
former developer did everything, or nearly everything, in ADO - despite the
fact that both front end and back end are local.

One thing that he does a lot of is pass a long argument to the Cmd.Execute
method. He does this on action queries mainly. But he seldom if ever checks
whether the variable is changed.

So I went into debugging mode and the one thing I observe is that never
does the long lngRecordsAffected variable get any higher value that 0.

Is it supposed to show the number of "affected" records or not? Does it
depend on cursor type?

What is the purpose of the variable, thank you.