[AccessD] Fwd: Transpose out of memory error - 20,000 entries

Bill Benson bensonforums at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 00:32:30 CST 2019

Automating Excel from MS Access in Office 15 with 8GB RAM.

I was using copyfromrecordset from an Access DAO recordset to an excel
range. I was doing some cleanup in the automated excel instance. I often
assign a range to a variant, loop elements, change strings, then paste back
to the range using transpose. But Access ran out of memory. Many of the
20,000 elements had thousands of characters. After scratching my head
awhile I realized maybe I should close the recordset and set the variable
to nothing after using CopyFromRecordset. That did the trick.

Just thought I would pass this along.