[AccessD] Memo field corruption

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Thu Jan 31 09:23:56 CST 2019

I believe what he was saying is that if data was not in the DB and in a
file, then the backup time for the DB itself would be reduced.   But that
doesn't mean you have a "complete" backup as your thinking.

The technique though of pushing data to a file and then storing a pointer
was mainly used to avoid database bloat.   And that was in the past when
Access stored objects so inefficiently.    You can do better now, but memo's
are still problematic for all the reasons that have been pointed out.

 The other point here is the memory usage; JET handles everything by its
page cache for actual data fetches, so it would not consume 200MB to
process.   But there'd be a lot of turn-over in the cache.

Jim.