[AccessD] Windows 2008 R2 storport.sys issues

John Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Tue May 28 11:43:21 CDT 2019

I have a sql server which has a large raid 6 controller.  I have had
issues forever with very slow processing.  Finally got it back in my
office and troubleshooting.  I may be too late.  :(

StorPort has a known issue and hotfix where it tries to use memory in
the lower 4 gb of RAM.  When used with a server such as SQL Server which
thinks it owns the entire damned computer, Storport.sys runs into memory
contention issues.  It needs to be modified to allow "64 bitness" and
use ram above the lower 4 gb.

There was a hotfix.  The hotfix has been removed due to end of life
issues.  Sigh.

Does anyone know how to get around this and get the updated sys file?