[AccessD] Upgrade from 2003 to 2019

rockysmolin bchacc.com rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Sun Apr 12 16:23:46 CDT 2020

I went up from mdb to accdb (and de) on several client DBs with very few problems.  But I always coded as simple as I could - no OS calls, no APIs if I could get away with it - things that break when you move to a new version of Access r a new OS.

So that would be my only caveat.

If they're going to run 32 and 64 bit mixed systems then they'll need two dbs.  And if they'[re going to mix versions of access on different clients, they'll run into reference problems when a DB compiled on a later version tries to run on an earlier version.  It seems to work the other way - earlier to later relinks the right library version; later to earlier does not.

That's what I know.