[AccessD] Can anyone help me?

John Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 07:33:51 CDT 2020

It turns out I have Office 2007 installed on my old desktop.  I figured it
out this am and have it all exported.  I can only assume that the version I
found is the latest.  Git didn't exist back then.  :)

So I have a 4gb RPi 4, booting off of an SSD (which is native nowadays).
This is running PiHole and DNS over HTTPS (DOH), for my entire home network.

I bought an 8gb RPI 4 because... well... if my Pi running PiHole corrupts
it trashes my internet access.  So I can't experiment there any more.  8GB
on Rasbian is a TON of memory and so should hold up well to having a bunch
of docker containers running.  It too is running off of an SSD.  In case
you haven't looked recently, the Pi4 is now a very real, very powerful
little machine.

Meanwhile, I'm on a bender to learn a bunch of stuff.

Git
Raspberry Pi Rasbian.  Works well, darned stable.  But Linux.  I'm getting
there.
Docker.  Docker is really cool stuff but I don't yet really understand it.
But it will be awesome on RaspPi.
PiHole in Docker.  I already have this running on bare metal Raspberry pi
4.  PiHole is da bomb.  Literally in the case of Adverts.
DNS over HTTPS (DOH) in Docker.  Already running on bare metal on Raspberry
Pi 4.
DuckDNS in Docker.
Wireguard in Docker.
Portainer

And Reaper.  I have a Midi keyboard talking to the Pi / Reaper.  It works.
I have  a FocusRite I2I providing usb audio (in and out) working on the
Pi.  Sometimes.  When it feels like it.  With some serious clicks and
pops.  Sigh.

Trying to do serious audio on the Pi / Rasbian is problematic.  I'll just
leave it at that.

Once I get all that handled, then I want to get back into Python.  With GIT
to help me out on VC.

Anyone with any interest in any of the above is welcome to get ahold of me.

John W. Colby

On Sat, Aug 1, 2020 at 5:00 AM Jim Dettman via AccessD <
accessd at databaseadvisors.com> wrote:

>  I didn't see John's original e-mail, but I can do that if you don't.
>
> Jim.

Colby Consulting