[AccessD] Form Filter with ComboBox

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin2 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 15:08:35 CST 2020

First, you have to unbind that combo box from the control source, which I
guess is project.  Just replace it with another text box bound to the field
Project, or Project ID if you've got a separate table for project name with
a PK and the Project ID is in the project detail record as an FK.

Then in the after update event of the combo box (which has a row source
that shows all of the projects), create a filter for the form:

Me.filter = "fldProjectID = " & val(cboProjects.column(0))

' This assumes that the row source of the combo box is a query which
shows all of the projects with the Project ID on column 0 and the project
name in column 1. Otherwise Me.Filter = "fldProject = '" &
cboProject.column(0) & "'"

' Then
Me.FilterOn=true

HTH