[AccessD] Moving reports to Visual Studio

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 11:25:56 CST 2020

I was able to convert a dozen reports successfully from ms Access to SSRS
using SSDT.

I did have problems with embedded reports (subreports), so I had to make
versions without the sub report, then import them and the separate sub
reports, then embed the sub manually.

I also had to fix several expressions in the reports, but it was still
faster than recreating the reports from scratch

I forget if I had to strip the VBA from reports that were using it, but I
found most of the stuff I was doing in VBA was not needed in ssrs, or was
handled some other way.

Oh, and I might add that I exported all if the reports into a new access
database before importing them into ssrs.

Look at

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/import-reports-from-microsoft-access-reporting-services

And

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/4187/converting-ms-access-reports-to-sql-server-reporting-services-reports/