[AccessD] Access 365 and Azure - DateTime fields

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Mon Jun 22 23:13:27 CDT 2020

Hi Listers,

Another problem with the conversion from SQL 2008 to Azure L

When saving a record with a date field in it I am getting an error
"[Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server]Datetime field overflow.
Fractional second precision exceeds the scale specified in the parameter
binding."

What confuses me is that the record already has the date fields filled in
and saved.  All I am changing is a text field.

I am using ADO to get the recordset for the form.  The SQL table date fields
are datetime SQL data type to match the Access date data type.

This article came the closest to having useful information but I am not sure
how to set the number of decimal digits.

http://rightondevelopment.blogspot.com/2009/10/sql-server-native-client-100-
datetime.html

Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Regards

David Emerson
Dalyn Software Ltd
Wellington, New Zealand