[AccessD] Time zones in Windows

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Tue Mar 10 10:24:26 CDT 2020

Hi all

My latest article is two-fold:

Time Zones, Windows, and VBA - Part 1<https://www.experts-exchange.com/articles/33988/Time-Zones-Windows-and-VBA-Part-1.html>
Obtaining and using time zones in Windows is not simple. It involves API calls and reading the Registry. Some information is localised, and some is not. Here you will find a complete set of functions that wraps the difficult steps, eases common tasks, and helps when designing user interfaces.

Time Zones, Windows, and Microsoft Office - Part 2<https://www.experts-exchange.com/articles/33997/Time-Zones-Windows-and-Microsoft-Office-Part-2.html>
Listing and selecting time zones in Microsoft Access and Excel is not straight forward. In the previous article was shown how to retrieve the time zones of Windows. Here will be demonstrated how to create tables to store these and how to display and select a time zone in Microsoft Access and Excel.

I was so tired of all the small bits and pieces collected through the years that didn't play well together, that I decided to write a complete set of functions for the purpose.
It also includes yet an example of a CallBack function in Access.

Both an Access and an Excel demo are attached the articles.

Full and current code and demos can be found at any time on GitHub: VBA.Timezone-Windows<https://github.com/GustavBrock/VBA.Timezone-Windows>

/gustav