[AccessD] Covid-19

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Sun May 24 06:24:59 CDT 2020

Arthur,

 Glad to hear you managed OK.

 Hope it didn't hit you too badly.   I know for some, you can get seriously
sick and of course for many it means death.

 We're on pins and needles in our house right now; my one son works in a
restaurant and has had four co-workers go out in the past week, one of which
tested positive (he's waiting to hear on the others).

 I wish people here in the US would start taking this a lot more seriously.
It's a nasty bug and with no real treatment or vaccine, you can't act like
it doesn't exist.   We've been super careful, but now that things have
"re-opened", I see so many examples of people just being plan dumb.  I know
many think their young or in good health and it won't be an issue, but take
a look at this guy:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2020/05/21/mike-schultz-nurse-coronavirus-
survivor-photos-newday-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/coronavirus/

43 years old, in top shape, and it wasted him away (lost 50lbs).  Their also
starting to learn that some cases are leading to what they think will be
long term damage.

You really can't be too careful.

Jim.