[AccessD] SQL Server GUI tools

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Oct 1 16:38:24 CDT 2020

Be aware that SSMS ver18.1 to 18.5 Database Diagrams apparently were buggy.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ssms/release-notes-ssms?view=sql-server-2017#ssms-
180-preview---cumulative-changelog-through-preview-6

 Currently says:

SSMS 18.6 is the latest general availability (GA) release of SSMS.
Fixed long outstanding issue with Database Diagrams, causing both the corruption of existing
diagrams and SSMS to crash. If you created or saved a diagram using SSMS 18.0 through
18.5.1, and that diagram includes a Text Annotation, you won't be able to open that diagram
in any version of SSMS. With this fix, SSMS 18.6 can open and save a diagram created by
SSMS 17.9.1 and prior. SSMS 17.9.1 and previous releases can also open the diagram after
being saved by SSMS 18.6.

(Note that the content of the URL above is liable to change at any time as they release
updates.)