[AccessD] Automating Outlook from Access

John Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 08:04:24 CDT 2021

I'll get into that.  The web site belongs to a company my partner and I own
so yes I do have control, or at least my partner does.  He was tasked with
hiring a web developer to develop the site and get the payments.  I didn't
want to have to mess with going into a web database.

If I get emails then I know when an order is placed because I get an
email.  If I get one a week or a hundred a day, this program automates
processing the order.  I handle the email, build out my tables from data in
the email, then grab the program we are selling (an access database).  The
order tells me all the stuff about money as well as about the client.  I
then take the access database, write custom properties into the database
which allows me to lock it down as well as set up license information and
expiration dates etc.  I then attach the db to an email and immediately
email it out to the purchaser.

On Sat, Aug 21, 2021 at 8:43 AM Jim Dettman via AccessD <
accessd at databaseadvisors.com> wrote:

>  Actually, sounds like the long way around; the web site doesn't offer an
> API?
>
>  Scraping info from e-mails can be problematic, especially if you are not
> in
> control of the message format.
>
> Jim.

Colby Consulting