[AccessD] Automating Outlook from Access

John Colby jwcolby at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 18:37:23 CDT 2021

Yep.  Until the web site goes down, the database corrupts, gets hacked,  or
a million other problems that web sites have.

My intent is that a client makes a purchase and a few minutes later his
purchase pops into his mail box.  An easy (for me) way to do that is
receive an order email from my server every time an order is placed.

A lot of folks aren't comfortable with classes, so if that is the case
there are a dozen ways to skin a cat.  I have automated Office for 25
years, excel, word, Access itself, and now outlook.  If that is "my only
tool" ... I guess I'll have to ask Microsoft why they bothered giving us
events and event driven programming. Or are we referring to using classes?
Hmmm I'll ask Microsoft why every object in every office app is a class.

I suppose I could use power shell and poll the database.... "Real men" and
all that!🤔😎

Believe it or not I used to do extensive programming in DR Dos back in the
day.  Turbo Pascal for many years before that.  Zapple basic back in 1977.
Ahhh the good old days.  RTos on a Z80 sbc for a few years in the 90s.  C#
automating SQL Server for several years in the 2010 time frame.

Well, hmmm, not sure what "my only tool" is but I am not a carpenter, so a
hammer is highly unlikely.😁

Colby Consulting