[AccessD] OT: failing e-mail / RE: Automating Outlook from Access

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Wed Aug 25 10:55:33 CDT 2021

 Man, did AOL trash the formatting on my e-mail.

 Anyway, as an FYI, I've been off-line on my Verizon.net account for the last few days and was unable to reply to John.  Apparently, they closed off basic authentication for anything that doesn't support oAuth2 and didn't bother to inform anyone.   If you are having problems with a mail client connecting to an account, look to generate an "app password" with your provider and use that.

 Microsoft was going to kill off basic authentication as well on Oct 21 of this year, but they are going to delay doing so again (was supposed to happen last year).

Jim.