[AccessD] Converting to 64 Bit

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Dec 23 17:00:53 CST 2021

32bit Office is not going away any time soon.  That said:

Is your application really a .mdb?

If so, it's more important to convert it to accdb rather than worry about 32/64 bit at this
stage.

Is "your Access mdb" just for your own use? DO you have control over the machines it is
run on?

The default Office installation in now 64bit and consequently any new machine is likely to
have 64bit Office - so even though 32bit is still going to be around for quite a while, having
your Access appl;ication 64bit compatible makes  a lot of sense.